Sunday, February 19, 2012

I`m in Brasil

I have finally made it to Brasil, and it`s a blast. Carnaval is in full swing and the streets are full of parties everywhere around the city. I was here for a few days before the rush of parties though.

The first things I noticed when coming from Peru:
  • Establishments accept credit cards! In Peru I think I used my credit card once...maybe twice, and it was super slow. Here in Brasil it`s still not as fast as in the states but it`s fairly common.
  • The internet is faster! I think the lines into Peru were just much slower, since it`s just easier to browse over here, and my photos are actually uploaded at a decent speed.
  • The intercity buses are big again! In Peru many of the buses were just glorified minibuses that were about as big as a vw camper van but rigged up to have lots of seats and poles to hold onto.
It`s hot here, the beaches are huge and beautiful, the waves are quite strong actually. I already got wrecked by a wave when body surfing and it took away my sunglasses and gave me a nice burn on my knee!

I`ve also partook in the samba festivities and paraded through the sambadrome in full costume in front of thousands of people. Much fun was had.

Time to go out and party on the street some more, carnaval isn`t over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment