Thursday, February 9, 2012

Stomach problems? Say what?

So I'm still not sure how I haven't had any stomach problems yet. I've had hangover problems and other generic colds trying to get me, but my stomach is going strong.

I'm surprised because I have:

  • Forgotten to wash my hands or use hand sanitizer before I eat and then proceeded to eat finger food and lick my fingers. Yes, gross, but when you wash your hands so much less frequently it stops becoming second nature. I really need some pocket sanitizer so that it's easily accessible and memorable, because it's only a matter of time before this gets me.
  • Eaten street food that looks less than sanitary. Most of the street food seems pretty safe, even though the people selling it to you are usually touching the food with the same hands they take your money with, but one time I had some delicious chicken skewer and about half way through eating it I saw in the light that it was still a bit raw on the inside. I stopped eating it of course, and it seems I have survived since that was over a week ago.
  • Probably done something else unsanitary since it's just not that big of a deal over here. They give you sugar for your tea and coffee without a serving spoon, so everyone just uses their own, which has sometimes already been dipped in their drink or sipped on. It is not the norm for restrooms to have soap available, even if you have to pay for them (yeah total bs).

No comments:

Post a Comment